LETTER TO BARBARA BOXER TODAY

Jody Williams, Founder and Director
Sex Workers Anonymous (formerly Prostitutes Anonymous)
www.sexworkersanonymous.com
(702) 468-4529 Telephone

September 24, 2015

Senator Barbara Boxer
Via Fax

Dear Ms. Boxer:

I'm working on a few issues I'd like to speak to you about directly if I might. First, I understand you are on the Senate Ethics Commission that was discussing the issue of David Vitter's past relationships with “soliciting a prostitute”. However, I'd like to point out there was much more involved here with David Vitter than just his “soliciting a prostitute”. That completely over-simplifies what the man did, and it also makes it sound like this was a sexual matter. David's extensive past with prostitutes is not a sexual matter. These are not “affairs” we're discussing. Bill Clinton had a sexual fling with an intern and he got WAY more heat about that whereas what David Vitter did involved multiple acts of a CRIMINAL NATURE. I'm sorry but Nevada's legal brothels are a short plane ride away. They even have a private landing strip where he could come and go anonymously without any of this fuss.

What I find it EXTREMELY suspect is in three instances that we know about where he's done business with illegal prostitution – those three women have been found hung without a suicide note under very suspicious circumstances. Especially since none of the three women had a history of suicide attempts, nor even clinical depression for that matter. Frankly, they all stood to make quite a bit of money had they lived. In Jeane Palfrey's case – she was scoring at LEAST a million dollars from Larry Flynt from Hustler. That's not even going into the money from the book and movie deals! I further highly doubt Jeane committed suicide – or I wouldn't have had to live “underground” for six months because of persecutions I was facing after her death because of being in possession of emails and text messages from her because of our daily conversations for two years. If the investigation into her death was “thorough” then why did the detective on the case REFUSE to even look at our conversations the night before? Why was it dubbed “suicide” before an autopsy was even performed? There were a LOT of people who wanted her silenced – and I certainly didn't see David leading the pack to get to the bottom of her murder because he was too busy covering his own back. THAT'S a problem Ms. Boxer and it's one that has absolutely nothing to do with David Vitter's sex life either.

That's not all I'd like to talk to you about. Senator John Kerry turned in the 2015 Trafficking in Persons' Report while refusing all contact with myself – the founder of the modern day sex trafficking movement itself. If you look at news clippings I have up at www.hightechmadam.com you'll find news clippings dating back to 1987 which establish I was the first person not only to speak up about domestic sex trafficking being “real”, but also demanding our country change it's structure in order to start helping us instead of treating us like criminals. I started the first hotline for adults to call for help, the first alternative sentencing program, the first diversion program, the first outreach, the first safe house for adults, and the list goes on as to the “first's” I did in this field. Despite that fact I've returned to Los Angeles and have tried repeatedly to talk to Mr. Kerry – I wasn't even acknowledged by him in any way, nor consulted in any way about the things we've been seeing in our work over the years.
Which I can assure you is quite different than the types of calls coming into the National Trafficking Hotline, or being reported to any of the sex trafficking task forces. Especially whenever we have a victim we've been trying to help lately – only to find any of our calls to these task forces is being completely utterly ignored. As an example, in 2007 when the ATLAS program was in place in Las Vegas, Nevada - they reported not one single case of sex trafficking while our hotline processed over 300 calls in Nevada that year alone. Of course the fact Terri Miller refused to take any calls other than the one Metro referred to her might have had something to do with that discrepancy. I'd like to add that Chief Gillespie, who was Chief of Police for Las Vegas that year – stepped down because of severe corruption charges, while David Schubert, the DA at the time, overdosed on drugs also subsequently.

Right now, I have a woman who came to me in 2013 asking for help. She's now in her 50's and she's been forced into sex work since she was eight years old. Wanting to retire, she told this ring she was “done” only to be drug out of her home by two Pasadena police officers in front of her son and mother. She was slapped with two fake prostitution charges – and warned if she “acted up” any further she'd be hit with a third charge. This third charge she was told would result in her being deported back to China where she'd be met with the death penalty. This was before Liang Yaohui was arrested – who was a Chinese lawmaker, ran the Crowne Point five star hotel, and also owned over 900 massage parlors, and trafficked over 3,000 prostitutes according to the news report I got. So she had every reason to believe these threats were real – especially after these charges showed up on her police report.

We hired an attorney who set about ordering the booking videotape of her arrest. Instead of receiving the tape – he instead got a threatening call from a Pasadena attorney who shouldn't have even been aware the tape had been ordered. This attorney then threatened me with a restraining order and then falsely told this woman her record had been cleared. When I went to show her that her record had not been cleared – I then got a threatening phone call from a Pasadena officer myself. When I went to the Chief about the call – I was ignored. When I went to Internal Affairs – they told me the files had just been burned over their objection, the mayor's and a city councilman's. When I went to the board over them – I was told they had been “defunded”. A report was ordered into the Pasadena Police. A report that came back stating the “only thing needed was more training and money”.

When I started pushing on the Chief's superiors and the press to look at this case – I suddenly had a very strange campaign start up against me by a member of the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force. Chief Sanchez lives in Orange County – but it's hard to tell if this might have also been connected to the fact I had just gotten the show “8 Minutes” taken off the air as fraudulent that was supposedly featuring Kevin Brown from the OC Human Trafficking Task Force staging “rescues” with actresses who were paid to appear on the show instead of “real” prostitutes. There also was no “rescue” either as the whole show had been scripted and staged. So it's hard to tell if the people behind this sudden 5150 campaign that popped up was connected to the Pasadena issue – or the “8 Minute” show issue being uncovered.

Either way, I'd asked the Chief to please talk to me about this case, and the threats I'd received. Yes he invited me down to the office after I'd raised a stink about the whole thing. But he failed to ask me the name of the officer, nor would he inform me how he planned on taking steps to ensure that when I came to meet with him I'd be safe coming and going. He also did not obtain any of the files from Wichita, Kansas – where three of the pimps in this operation had already been sentenced. Three pimps who threatened the judge, the arresting officer, and myself. So until I have further assurances I'm not walking into a situation where I'm going to wind up like Sandra Bland – I've backed off.
So I'd like to speak to you if I may about David Vitter, the sex trafficking ring that's importing women from China to staff massage parlors all over the country where the heads of this operation are based in Pasadena, California, and about a report I'm putting together on sex trafficking right now in the USA.

The show “8 Minutes” being “staged” is not unique. Nor is the fact Samoly Mam was a huge fraud either. As I said before, I run a hotline for Sex Workers Anonymous. So I'm receiving phone calls almost daily from victims needing help. SWA is a 12 step program. We do not provide things like housing, legal advice, counseling, etc. So when calls come in for things we don't cover ourselves – I then refer those calls out. In the process of trying to find help for these callers – I've uncovered quite a few “fakes” besides Samoly Mam.

For example, Annie Lobert was on a reality show called “Saved by the Strip”. In the show, and all of the press, she claimed to have opened a “Destiny House”. One day I had four victims sitting on my couch in Las Vegas who needed housing. She had supposedly just opened this house – so I called to get them placed. Only to find out it was false press. Now if you've heard about the lawsuit with Fox – then you know the media can legally lie their behinds off right now without consequence. Which is something I've been uncovering a lot of lately. Completely false press about completely false so called “programs”. I've even gone to addresses where supposedly a drop-in center was operating – only to find an empty building. No one wants to be the “bad guy” and say anything.

I don't receive any federal funding. I'm not holding any $50,000 a plate fund raisers. I can be Gordon Ramsey or Ralph Nader, or whoever you want to call me and blow the whistle on these people who are taking money meant to be helping sex trafficking victims – and it's not reaching a one of them. The stories I've been uncovering are so flagrantly false – it would blow your mind Ms. Boxer. Even our Pasadena station is one example. He told me “we're working with a trafficking group already” but when I pressed for the name of said group – I got no answer. I know of no trafficking group currently covering the Pasadena area whatsoever.

I can't even get a straight answer out of anyone about the signs that are required to be up in sex work establishments now by law. When I've asked everyone I can think of “who do I report a business to that does not have the sign required by SB1167 up with the National Trafficking Hotline phone number on it to?” No one seems to have an answer because no one's checking on this. Well I am and so far every establishment I've gone into that should have these signs up – does not have them up. For this reason, I'm putting together an independent report on what each city is doing in southern California and I'd like to speak to you about this.

I'd also love to interview you for our radio show, soon to be TV show. We have past interviews up at www.blogtalkradio.com/stopsextrafficktalk I'm going to be filming our outreach and research project – and turning it into a TV Show which we've set up a site at www.leaving-the-life-tvshow.com This TV show will be launched at the Adult Video Awards next year in fact.

So hopefully you'll get this letter and set up a time when we might speak for a few minutes. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Sincerely,


Jody Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHICAGO POLICE TRAFFICKING 14 YEAR OLDS

SESTA/FOSTA OPPOSITION