ORGANIZATION FOR PROSTITUTION SURVIVORS

https://www.facebook.com/seattleops/?pnref=lhc  I saw a page for them on Facebook today and saw how they were asking if anyone from Rhode Island might like to come out and speak in support of the Norway model.  I think we have some members of www.sexworkersanonymous.com who support that position so I made a comment to them about how we have members all over the country who are available to speak on different views depending, and if they need someone to speak, let me know and I'll ask from among them to see if anyone is interested.

Our members are choosing to remain "anonymous at the level of press, radio and films" so they're not going to put themselves out there on Facebook as survivors number one, and certainly not their views on subjects - not while people like Norma Jean, Domina Elle, Maxine, and Bella are running around burning anyone to the ground who is identifying as a survivor for sure.  So I reached out to make the offer only to have Alisa Bernard lash back at me that she hasn't spoken to us before because she doesn't "identify as a sex worker".

Well so what?  I'm a member of Narcotics Anonymous also but I don't walk around identifying as a "narcotic".  So what does one have to do with the other?  We're survivors.  We are people.  We have different views about different things.  Since when does one have to identify as a "sex worker" to speak to me one survivor to another, or to ask me if we have a member who would like to come out and speak from Rhode Island in support of the Norway model?  Our members have a wide variety of views.  We encourage them to have those views, their own voices, their own feelings, their own ethics, their own lives, their way how they feel.  She then deleted my comment and blocked me from the page.

Wow.  I'm sorry Alisa but if I want to go back to someone telling me what to think, what name to call myself, how to identify myself, or I'm going to be shunned and rejected - I'll go back to the pimp.

This little attack of hers by the way is why our members are choosing not to identify themselves as survivors.  It seems everyone is more interested in how they're identifying themselves than in the fact they're alive and survived.   I've been out of captivity for 31 years now as of January 3rd and I know I've been answering our hotline since 1987.  I've physically and directly helped more men and women out of sex trafficking than any other person I'm aware of.  I've organized more sex trafficking rescue missions funded out of my own pocket and risking my own life than any other person I'm aware of and if someone wants to cut me off because of not conforming to their idea of what they think I should be conforming to - then GOOD RIDDANCE!

And since it's Saturday night I'll go on to our meeting that's held every Saturday in Culver City that has about 30 survivors in attendance on an average week.   I'll have to be home by midnight to make sure I get enough sleep for our Sunday phone meeting to the women who are at a methadone treatment program and can't make it to an outside meeting.  In other words, I'll go back to focusing on the work and the people while Alisa condemns people over not using the language she approves of.  Where I come from - that's like an alcoholic being a dry drunk only someone seems to have forget to tell this woman she's not a pimp anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHICAGO POLICE TRAFFICKING 14 YEAR OLDS

SESTA/FOSTA OPPOSITION