FORMATION

First, let me start off by saying I look "white" but I'm not.  I have native American and African American blood in me.  My daughter is 1/4 Puerto Rican.  So we are not a "white" family.   The son of the plantation owner ran off with one of the freed slaves, and that's part of my bloodline.  They had to go to another state because it was illegal to marry at that time in Arkansas where the plantation was.  So I have a dog in this race.


The African American race.  I watched Beyonce's and I did not find it "positive" or "supportive" of the African American race.  Anita Hill was an amazing woman.  After she came forward against Clarence Thomas, more women than ever started speaking up about sexual harassment.  I remember the change in the workplace.  I remember the way women were treated in the workforce completely change after the hearings.  This was an educated woman who changed the world and she was African American.

I've seen Maya Angelou transform people about their race.  I saw the change in Tupac after working on a film with her.  I remember the total change in Dave Chappelle after spending time with Maya.  She herself having once been a prostitute who then read her poetry at the White House at the ceremony to welcome our first African American president.

These are people, and images, that support African American achievement.  Not images of the homeless, nor dancing around like a whore in a brothel where she would have been called a "high yellow whore" if this had been even 50 years ago.  There was a time when African American music videos weren't even allowed on MTV - and now she's performing at the Superbowl.  

Why wouldn't she be when she's perpetuating the images that the Aryans who own major media want perpetuated?  She's doing their job for them.  


I think this video deserves more attention.  So instead of singing along with Beyonce - just remember "They don't really care about us".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHICAGO POLICE TRAFFICKING 14 YEAR OLDS

SESTA/FOSTA OPPOSITION