NORMA HOTALING AND SAGE

About Norma Hotaling, now that she's passed on, I am not breaking any confidences here by what I'm going to say.  Please note this news clip and what it says about Norma.  She "turned herself in to the police in 1989" and proceeded to kick drugs.  http://www.theguardian.com/society/2009/jan/03/norma-hotaling-obituary  She kicked drugs in jail because this country was having an HIV/AIDS epidemic in 1989 and no one in hospitals, or treatment programs, wanted us anywhere near them if they thought we were "prostitutes".

This was but one of the many things I was trying to change when launching our international hotline, and 12 step program, in 1987.  If you look at the news clips I have at www.hightechmadam.com you'll find the date 1987 listed on them.   Our first meeting and launch date was August 15, 1987 in fact.

Norma contacted me before founding SAGE.  She got a copy of the draft of our "Recovery Guide" and was in regular phone contact with me.  She felt more than our 12 step approach was needed where she lived, and yes she formed SAGE.  

I had told her how our program was being used for diversion and "alternative sentencing" in Los Angeles when we got that launched in 1988.  She inquired if we did a program for "johns" and I told her we were sticking to working with our members, but I was being mentored in sexual addiction by the founder of Sexaholics Anonymous.  We consulted with her extensively about the formation of her "john school".  Something she didn't talk about with people - wanting to take credit for these ideas as her own as much as possible.

She had meetings of "Prostitutes Anonymous" running at the program, until some of the women started calling me complaining they felt Norma wasn't spending anymore time at the meetings, or with them like they had been promised, and thought she would.  I"m sure it had something to do with her bad health which cut her off young.

Somewhere in her property I'm sure someone will find our "starter kit" for new meetings, and a copy of our first edition "Recovery Guide" with the red cover as she was sent these items, and we talked on the phone at lot as she got her program off the ground.  In 1991, I was having a difficult pregnancy and marriage, and lost touch with her pretty much about then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHICAGO POLICE TRAFFICKING 14 YEAR OLDS

SESTA/FOSTA OPPOSITION